Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i want to love this food

To Rubio's Executive Team,

I'm a huge fan of your menu and flavor. However, today more than ever I'm thinking about the origin of my food: how far is that food traveling to get to me? Is the meat coming from large factory farms where health and safety are variable factors to consider? Is the fish coming from fisheries not focusing on sustainable practices? Why for goodness sake would you still be using Styrofoam and handing out plastic bags like they're after dinner mints?

These type of positive decisions on the health of your customer and the future health of generations to come will ostensibly add costs to your bottom line- HOWEVER it will certainly bring many more customers into your stores! I for one would TRIPLE my Rubio's meals PER WEEK if you were to practice and promote these types of social and environmental responsibilities.

Thanks for listening,
Ryan Gordon