Sunday, January 3, 2010

Entry Number 101

A fitting time as any to post no. 101 on a blog that has been dormant for too long. It's 2010, the 4th decade I've been around for. I guess the 30 something years are a pivotal time; I'm not sure if they're more pivotal than 20 something or 40 something, but either way, I'm certain SOMETHING important is bound to happen in the next ten years (sarcasm for the slow kids).

In 2000 I was a freshman in college in Colorado. I had doubts about existing as a near 30 year old, it's just one of those hard things to imagine. Lots of tough nights, lots of walking, lots of studying, lots of thinking, lots of obsessing. Lots of drinking.

In 2005 I was knee deep in my first job. I had moved to a strange town and did little else but work. Lots of panic, lots of tears, lots of airports, lots of high hopes, lots of snow. Lots of rejection.

2010 has rung in a new era of the steady hand. A wonderful wife. A healthy existence. A near bankrupt company reemerges to do good. A goddamn band. Lots of friendly cat hair. Lots of giving back. Lots of friends and lots of family.

And no more Chase and Washington Mutual. Now we're local baby! I think it's symbolic :)