Sunday, October 5, 2008

A smile with your eyes closed
Presents the memory of reflection
In the computer screen from occuring
Too rapidly in darkness petty hums,
I got a chance to see myself with
Hand against forehead smiling with my eyes closed
And these few moments make me happy in my
Darkness,
All the thoughts got captured in this scripture,
I always dreamt of tears and those toothful smiles,
Hands rub and kisses near trees that I painted,
We never made it to Sewanee, Tennessee,
I made it to Philadelphia and had identical thoughts,
Men spoke of knives under their breath
And grandmothers, burial grounds, haunt me in my dreams,
I'm not excited about the re-release of texas chainsaw massacre,
And i bring up the same points over again,
The fear, world sums fear my shaking heart,
The beating nerves do not, I repeat do not
Benefit the greater cause- pursuit of direction,
Smiles in sand. Smiles in sand,
Warmth on the beach or chill on the bridge.
It all matters more than any smile, i can always
Make myself smile, just cut the stress
And scream westward across oceans that we
Haven't traversed and the land is waiting.